lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <elyog...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Creating new cluster with existing config in zookeeper
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2016 16:57:58 GMT
On 3/22/2016 6:38 AM, Robert Brown wrote:
> Is it safe to create a new cluster but use an existing config set
> that's in zookeeper?  Or does that config set contain the cluster
> status too?
>
> I want to (re)-build a cluster from scratch, with a different amount
> of shards, but not using shard-splitting.

When you say "cluster" what exactly do you mean?

To me, "cluster" in a Solr context means "a bunch of Solr servers."  If
this is what you mean, there is nothing built in to copy things from an
existing cluster.  You *can* run multiple SolrCloud clusters on one
Zookeeper ensemble.

If you are actually talking about a *collection* when you say "cluster",
then what Erick said is 100% correct.

Thanks,
Shawn