lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Solrj , how to create collection
Date Sun, 20 Mar 2016 02:40:50 GMT
On 3/19/2016 5:44 PM, Iana Bondarska wrote:
> Could you please tell me, is it possible to create new collection on solr
> server only using solrj,without manual creation of core folder on server.
> I'm using solrj v.5.5.0,standalone client.

If the server is running in cloud mode (with zookeeper) then SolrJ can
create a collection without any file copying on the server.

If the server is NOT running in cloud mode, then there are only very
specific and fairly expert situations when copying files in advance is
not required -- most of the time, you'll need to ensure the config
exists before you create the core.

CoreAdmin CREATE docs -- includes a large red warning box that discusses
this.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/CoreAdmin+API#CoreAdminAPI-CREATE

Collections API for SolrCloud:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Collections+API#CollectionsAPI-api1