lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Robert Brown <...@intelcompute.com>
Subject Shard splitting for immediate performance boost?
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2016 17:12:38 GMT
Hi,

I have an index of 60m docs split across 2 shards (each with a replica).

When load testing queries (picking random keywords I know exist), and
randomly requesting facets too, 95% of my responses are under 0.5s.

However, during some random manual tests, sometimes I see searches
taking between 1-2 seconds.

Should I expect a simple shard split to assist with the speed
immediately?  Even with the 2 new shards still being on the original
servers?

Will move them to their own dedicated hosts, but just want to understand
what I should expect during the process.

Thanks,
Rob