lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Emir Arnautovic <emir.arnauto...@sematext.com>
Subject Re: Spatial Search on Postal Code
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2016 13:08:00 GMT
Hi Manohar,
This depends on your requirements/usecase. If postal code is interpreted
as point than it is expected to have radius that is significantly larger
than postal code diameter. In such case you can go with first approach.
In order to avoid missing results from postal code in case of small
search radius and large postal code, you can reverse geocode records and
store postal code with each document.
If you need to handle distance from postal code precisely - distance
from its border, you have to get postal code polygon, expand it by
search distance and use resulting polygon to find matches.

HTH,
Emir