lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Pranaya Behera <pranaya.beh...@igp.com>
Subject Currency field doubts
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2016 05:03:04 GMT
Hi,
      For currency, as suggested in the wiki and guide, the field type
is currency and the defaults would take usd and will take the exchange
rates from the currency.xml file located in the conf dir. We have script
that talks to google apis for the current currency exchange and
symlinked to the conf dir for the xml file. In solr cloud mode if any
config changes this need to be uploaded to zookeeper and then a reload
required for the collection to know that there are changes in the
config. As the wiki says " Replication is supported, given that you
explicitly configure replication forcurrency.xml. Upon the arrival of a
new version of currency.xml, Solr slaves will do a core reload and begin
using the new exchange rates. SeeSolrReplication
<https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrReplication#How_are_configuration_files_replicated.3F>for

more.SolrCloud <https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud>is also supported
since we use ResourceLoader to load the file." But when I tried to do so
it didnt neither uploaded the configsets to zookeeper nor reload the
collection. How to go about this without manual zookeeper upload and
reload of collection.

And now lets say the currency is being stored as USD and some in INR.
While querying we can provide in the fl param as currency(fieldname,
CURRENCY_CODES) e.g. currency(mrp, INR), currency(mrp, USD) and it will
give the result with respect to currency.xml file. Is it possible to
return calculated mrp in two different currency e.g. if the mrp would
return more than just one currency. currency(mrp, INR, USD, EUR) as I
try this I get an error. Is it possible to do so, and how ?

--
Thanks & Regards
Pranaya Behera