lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Koji Sekiguchi <koji.sekigu...@rondhuit.com>
Subject Re: FW: Difference Between Tokenizer and filter
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 14:39:59 GMT
Hi,

it can have zero or more <filter/>s. From the point of view of the
rules, your <analyzer type="index">...</analyzer> is not correct
because it has more than one <tokenizer/> and <analyzer type="query">
...</analyzer> is not correct as well because it has no <tokenizer/>.

Koji

On 2016/03/02 20:25, G, Rajesh wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> Can you please clarify the below. My understanding is tokenizer is used to say how the
content should be indexed physically in file system. Filters are used to query result. The
blow lines are from my setup. But I have seen eg that include filters inside <analyzer
type=”index”> and tokenizer in <analyzer type=”query”> that confused me.

>                  <fieldType name="customSearch" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100"
>
>                                  <analyzer type="index">
>                                     <tokenizer class="solr.LowerCaseTokenizerFactory"/>
>                                     <tokenizer class="solr.StandardTokenizerFactory"/>
>                                     <tokenizer class="solr.NGramTokenizerFactory"
minGramSize="2" maxGramSize="2"/>
>                                  </analyzer>
>                                  <analyzer type="query">
>                                     <filter class="solr.NGramFilterFactory" minGramSize="2"
maxGramSize="2"/>
>                                  </analyzer>
>                  </fieldType>
>
> My goal is to user solr and find the best match among the technology names e.g
> Actual tech name
>
> 1.       Microsoft Visual Studio
>
> 2.       Microsoft Internet Explorer
>
> 3.       Microsoft Visio
>
> When user types Microsoft Visal Studio user should get Microsoft Visual Studio. Basically
misspelled and jumble words should match closest tech name

> Corporate Executive Board India Private Limited. Registration No: U741040HR2004PTC035324.
Registered office: 6th Floor, Tower B, DLF Building No.10 DLF Cyber City, Gurgaon, Haryana-122002,
India..

> This e-mail and/or its attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee(s)
and may contain confidential and legally privileged information belonging to CEB and/or its
subsidiaries, including CEB subsidiaries that offer SHL Talent Measurement products and services.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and immediately, destroy
all copies of this email and its attachments. The publication, copying, in whole or in part,
or use or dissemination in any other way of this e-mail and attachments by anyone other than
the intended person(s) is prohibited.