lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: SolrJ 5.5 won't work with any of my servers
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 16:56:28 GMT
On 3/1/2016 9:30 AM, Shai Erera wrote:
> Ah ok, in my case even 5.4.1 didn't work with binary request writer, so
> probably we don't face the same issue.

If I set the writer to binary on 5.4.1, it fails too.

My intent when I wrote the program was to use the binary writer, but
apparently I didn't actually implement that.  5.4.1 works with the
default (xml) writer.  I have not tried 5.5 with the xml writer, but I
bet that would work.

I just added a null check to the part of my code that does doc.addField,
skipping the add if the object is null.  This appears to have fixed the
problem when using SolrJ 5.5.  This is also a good idea for my program
in general, so I'm not really unhappy about needing it.

So, I believe what happens with the binary writer is that when the field
contains a null object, the writer is adding the literal string "NULL"
(in uppercase) as the field value.  The XML writer apparently handles
this situation by not including the field.

Thanks,
Shawn


Mime
View raw message