lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: SolrJ 5.5 won't work with any of my servers
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 15:06:29 GMT
On 2/29/2016 9:14 PM, Shai Erera wrote:
> Shawn, not sure if it's the same case as yours, but I've hit NPEs upgrading
> to 5.5 too. In my case though, SolrJ talks to a proxy servlets before the
> request gets routed to Solr, and that servlet didn't handle binary content
> stream well.
>
> I had to add another resource method to the servlet which handled
> "appliation/javabin" and "application/octet-stream" and received the body
> as an InputStream.

I wish this was an NPE.  It would be easier to track down.

There is no proxy.  Although I do have a load balancer (haproxy) in
place for queries, this program doesn't use it.

It looks to me like SolrJ 5.5 behaves in a way that changes what gets
sent when talking to an existing Solr install using the default Jetty
config.  This seems like a bug to me.

I need to investigate what happens in my code when MySQL returns NULL
values.  I suspect that the object assigned to the SolrInputDocument
field is null.  Whatever it is that happens, SolrJ 5.4.1 works correctly
and 5.5.0 doesn't.

Thanks,
Shawn