lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Derek Poh <d...@globalsources.com>
Subject Re: Filter factory to reduce word from plural forms to singular forms correctly?
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 00:55:48 GMT
Hi Alex

Can you advice how can I make use of copyField to handle this issue?

NLP lematisation will be the last resort and subject to budget and
business usersdecision.

Derek

On 3/1/2016 8:13 AM, Alexandre Rafalovitch wrote:
> On 29 February 2016 at 20:40, Derek Poh <dpoh@globalsources.com> wrote:
>> Is there other filter factory that can reduce pluralto singular correctly?
> English is not an easy language and most of the heuristic filters have
> issues. You could try copyField and multiple approaches.
>
> Or, if this is a really Really big issue for you, there are commercial
> companies that do NLP lematisation properly and integrate with Solr.
> But they are not cheap.
>
> Regards,
>     Alex.
>
> ----
> Newsletter and resources for Solr beginners and intermediates:
> http://www.solr-start.com/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please inform
the sender immediately and delete this e-mail (including any attachments) from your computer,
and you must not use, disclose to anyone else or copy this e-mail (including any attachments),
whether in whole or in part.

This e-mail and any reply to it may be monitored for security, legal, regulatory compliance
and/or other appropriate reasons.