lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Derek Poh <d...@globalsources.com>
Subject Re: Filter factory to reduce word from plural forms to singular forms correctly?
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 00:46:27 GMT
Hi Emir

For my use case, it is to do a exact match (enclosed searchkeyword in
double quotes) on a search field. Searchon "power banks" should return
matches for "power bank" and "power banks", singular and plural forms.
I will need to do furthertesting with porterstemfilter to ensure it meet
thebusiness use case.

On 2/29/2016 7:07 PM, Emir Arnautovic wrote:
> Hi Derek,
> Why does aggressive stemming worries you? You might have false
> positives, but that is desired behavior in most cases. In your case
> "iphone" documents will also be returned for "iphon" query. Is this
> something that is not desired behavior? You can have more than one
> field if you want to prefer matches with exact wording, but that is
> unnecessary overhead in most cases.
>
> Regards,
> Emir

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please inform
the sender immediately and delete this e-mail (including any attachments) from your computer,
and you must not use, disclose to anyone else or copy this e-mail (including any attachments),
whether in whole or in part.

This e-mail and any reply to it may be monitored for security, legal, regulatory compliance
and/or other appropriate reasons.