lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: facet on two multi-valued fields
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 21:52:56 GMT
It makes no sense to facet on a “text_general” ananlyzed field. Can you give a concrete
example with a few dummy docs and show some queries (do you query the tagDescription field?)
and wanted facet output?

There may be several ways to solve the task, depending on the exact use case. One solution
could be to use child documents.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 2. mar. 2016 kl. 17.30 skrev Andreas Hubold <andreas.hubold@coremedia.com>:
>
> Hi,
>
> my schema looks like this
>
> <field name="id" type="string" .../>
> <field name="tagIds" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true" multiValued="true"/>
> <field name="tagDescriptions" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="false" multiValued="true"/>
> <field name="text" type="text_general" .../>
>
> I'd like to get the tagIds of documents with a certain tagDescription (and text). However
tagIds contains multiple ids in the same order as tagDescription and simple faceting would
return all. Is there a way to just get the IDs of the tags with a matching description?