lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Naeem Tahir <ntb...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Solr (v5.3.1) doesn't delete orphaned child documents
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 17:16:45 GMT
Hi,

     I noticed some strange behavior when deleting orphaned child documents in Solr 5.3.1.
I am indexing nested documents in parent/child hierarchy. When I delete a child document whose
parent is already deleted previously, child document still shows up in search. I am using
deleteById() that always returns with a success code. Here is an illustration:

A parent P has n (=3) children, say a, b, and c.

        (P)
         |-(a)
         |-(b)
         |-(c)

i) Index all four documents with P as parent and a,b,c as children of P.
ii) Search returns 4 documents (P, a, b, c).
iii) Delete P.
iv) Search returns 3 documents (a, b, c)
v) Now delete 'a'
vi) Search still returns 3 documents including 'a'. Same behavior when you delete 'b' and
'c' as well.

    Can someone comment if this is the expected behavior?

   Thanks & regards,
    Naeem