lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Anuj Lal <a...@marinsoftware.com>
Subject error during rolling upgrade from 4.4 to 5.5
Date Sat, 26 Mar 2016 16:06:31 GMT
I am testing rolling upgrade fro 4.4 to 5.5

upgraded nodes start and i can see running status in in admin UI

But
node which is updated,  get error

3/26/2016, 8:59:16 AM
 <>	ERROR
 <>	null
 <>	RecoveryStrategy
 <>	Error while trying to recover. core=marin:java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient$RemoteSolrException: Error from server at
http://qa2-solrtest-lv-102:8984/solr: I was asked to wait on state recovering for qa2-solrtest-lv-101:8984_solr
but I still do not see the requested state. I see state: active live:true
 <>

Node which is leader, i get error

09:01:36
 <>	ERROR
 <>	Overseer
 <>	Exception in Overseer main queue loop
 <>
java.lang.RuntimeException: unknown operation:downnode contents:{operation=downnode, node_name=qa2-solrtest-lv-101:8984_solr}
	at org.apache.solr.cloud.Overseer$ClusterStateUpdater.processMessage(Overseer.java:206)
	at org.apache.solr.cloud.Overseer$ClusterStateUpdater.run(Overseer.java:142)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

it comes coming in never stops even when node is up

when i look into code there i no processing for message operation = “downnode”

other way I can get rid of this download message

Anuj