lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From <jimi.hulleg...@svensktnaringsliv.se>
Subject Explain style json? Without using wt=json...
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 20:38:53 GMT
Hi,

We are using Solrj to query our solr server, and it works great. However, it uses the binary
format wt=javabin, and now when I'm trying to get better debug output, I notice a problem
with this. The thing is, I want to include the explain data for each search result, by adding
"[explain]" as a field for the fl parameter. And when using [explain style=nl] combined with
wt=json, the explain output is proper and valid json. However, when I use something other
than wt=json, the explain output is not proper json.

Is there any way for the explain segment to be proper, valid json, without using wt=json?
Because Solrj forces wt=javabin, without any option to change it, as far as I can see.

And, the reason I want to explain segment in proper json format, is that I want to turn it
into a JSONObject, in order to get proper indentation for easier reading. Because the regular
output doesn't have proper indentation.

Regards
/Jimi