lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jay Parashar <BParas...@slb.com>
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2016 22:13:33 GMT
Hi,

I have couple of questions regarding indexing files (say pdf).

1)      Is there any way to index more than one file to one document with a unique id?

One way I think is to do a “extractOnly” of all the documents and then index that extract
separately. Is there an easier way?

2)      If my Solr document has existing fields populated and then I index a pdf, it seems
it overwrites the document with the end result being just the contents of the pdf. I know
we can do partial updates using SolrJ but is it possible to do partial updates of pdf using
curl?

Thanks
Jay