lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ahmet Arslan <iori...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Explain score is different from score
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 16:06:19 GMT
Hi Rajesh,

I suspect it is due to the queryNorm(q). But it is weird that relative order is different
in your example.

"queryNorm(q) is a normalizing factor used to make scores between queries comparable. This
factor does not affect document ranking (since all ranked documents are multiplied by the
same factor), but rather just attempts to make scores from different queries (or even different
indexes) comparable." [1]

[1] https://lucene.apache.org/core/5_5_0/core/org/apache/lucene/search/similarities/TFIDFSimilarity.html

Ahmet