lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: solr & docker in production
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2016 22:19:55 GMT
There is a default Docker image for Solr on the Docker Registry. I've
used it to great effect in creating a custom Solr install.

The main thing I'd say is that Docker generally encourages you to run
many apps on the same host, whereas Solr benefits hugely from a host of
its own - so don't be misled into installing Solr alongside lots of
other things.

Even if the only thing that gets put onto a node is a Docker install,
then a Solr Docker image, it is *still* way easier to do than anything
else I've tried and still very worth it.

Upayavira (who doesn't, yet, have Dockerised Solr in production, but
will soon)