lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Zisis Tachtsidis <zist...@runbox.com>
Subject Re: XJoin, a way to use external data sources with Solr
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 18:45:10 GMT
Hi Charlie,

This looks like an interesting feature, but I have a couple of questions
before giving it a try.

I had similar needs - filtering results based on information outside of the
queried Solr collection - and I went down the post-filtering path.
More specifically I've implemented a *PostFilter* which gets the info
outside of the current Solr collection and based on that it filters the
normal search results in the *collect(int docNumber)* method later on. It's
something similar to the approach described at
http://qaware.blogspot.com.tr/2014/11/how-to-write-postfilter-for-solr-49.html
<http://qaware.blogspot.com.tr/2014/11/how-to-write-postfilter-for-solr-49.html>

Did you consider such an approach? Do you think there are some downsides of
the post-filtering approach? And what extra functionality can I get from
XJoin (if they are doing the same thing more or less)?