lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: ExtendedDisMax configuration nowhere to be found
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 22:44:41 GMT
We have a huge backlog of stale wiki.apache.org pages which should really just point to the
refGuide.
I replaced the eDisMax and DisMax pages with a simple link to the ref guide, since they do
not provide any added value.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 1. mar. 2016 kl. 01.10 skrev Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafalov@gmail.com>:
>
> On 29 February 2016 at 09:40,  <jimi.hullegard@svensktnaringsliv.se> wrote:
>> I have no problem with automatic. It is "automagicall" stuff that I find a bit hard
to like. Ie things that are automatic, but doesn't explain how and why they are automatic.
But Disney Land and Disney World are actually really good examples of places where the magic
stuff is suitable, ie in themeparks, designed mostly for kids. In the grown up world of IT,
most people prefer logical and documented stuff, not things that "just works" without explaining
why. No offence :)