lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Adel Mohamed Khalifa" <a.moha...@saudisoft.com>
Subject RE: Making my own search website
Date Sun, 27 Mar 2016 12:53:51 GMT
Thanks Andrea,

I want to say if my string is wrong it would not connect when I connect from windows it’s
the same code, I did not change in it.

SOLR_SERVER_URL=http://172.16.0.72:8983/solr/SearchCore

Regards,
Adel Khalifa

From: Andrea Gazzarini [mailto:gxsubs@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2016 2:22 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Making my own search website

Hi Adel,
Absolutely not sure what's happening on (Solr) server side, the first thing that comes on
my mind is: if you're correctly accessing the solr admin console that means the string you're
getting in that resource bundle is wrong. I'd print out that value in order to make sure about
the correctness of that address or I would hard code the correct string itself.

Best,
Andrea

P.S.: don't create a SolrServer instance for each http request. Better to define a member
instance, initialize it in the init() method and close in the destroy()...that adheres much
better to the servlet threading model.

Hello All,

First, I want to apology for my complexity needs before and that I cannot asking obviously.

So Now, I create my Solr server and indexing I can log on it directly throw ( http://ip:port/solr/#
<http://ip:port/solr/> ) from ubuntu server or my windows laptop.

I build my website on netbeans using J2EE on my windows laptop and add a servlet to access
the solr server for searching and when I run it it works good.

But the problem occurred when I try to run on it on the Ubuntu server it stopped at : -- SolrServer
server = new HttpSolrServer(ip:port/solr/core);

And it does not give me any exception.

I attached the ajax code that I use to call the servlet and also attached the servlet code.

Regards,
Adel Khalifa | Developer | Saudisoft-Egypt |  Tel: +2 023 303 2037 - ext 112 | M +2 01149247744
<tel:%2B2%2001149247744>  | Fax +2 023 303 2036 | Follow us on  <https://www.facebook.com/pages/Saudisoft-Co-Ltd/289968997768973?ref_type=bookmark>
cid:image002.gif@01D11A1D.D81CE0C0 |  <https://www.linkedin.com/company/77017?trk=vsrp_companies_res_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A1489659901402995947155%2CVSRPtargetId%3A77017%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary>