lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Rajesh Hazari <rajeshhaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data Import Handler - autoSoftCommit and autoCommit
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2016 15:36:56 GMT
we have this for a collection which updated every 3mins with min of 500
documents and once in a day of 10k documents in start of the day

<autoCommit>
       <maxTime>${solr.autoCommit.maxTime:300000}</maxTime>
<maxDocs>10000</maxDocs>
        <openSearcher>true</openSearcher>
        <expungeDeletes>true</expungeDeletes>
     </autoCommit>
   <autoSoftCommit>
      <maxTime>${solr.autoSoftCommit.maxTime:6000}</maxTime>
   </autoSoftCommit>

As per solr documentation, If you have solr client to index documents,
its not suggested to use commit=true and optimize=true explicitly.

we have not tested data import handle with 10 million records.

we have settled with this config after many tests and after understanding
the need and requirements.

*Rajesh**.*