lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Tom Evans <tevans...@googlemail.com>
Subject fq in SolrCloud
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2016 13:47:44 GMT
I have a small question about fq in cloud mode that I couldn't find an
explanation for in confluence. If I specify a query with an fq, where
is that cached, is it just on the nodes/replicas that process that
specific query, or will it exist on all replicas?

We have a sub type of queries that specify an expensive join condition
that we specify in the fq, so that subsequent requests with the same
fq won't have to do the same expensive query, and was wondering
whether we needed to ensure that the query goes to the same node when
we move to cloud.

Cheers

Tom