lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <>
Subject Re: Is anybody using Config API/configoverlay.json, useParams/params.json, and/or initParams?
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2016 23:16:42 GMT
Thanks Erik,

I know the examples use all of that. It was quite a surprise to
discover the films and files examples. I even felt a need to write the
blog post explaining where ALL of the examples and Solr homes hide in
the distribution:

And I know films example showcases reload-not-required
useParams/params.json override.

However, I am more interested in the production usage. Hence the
original question.

On 27 February 2016 at 08:42, Erik Hatcher <> wrote:
> data_driven /browse does. And example/files builds upon that a lot more.  I did it that
way to personally explore the configset feature.
>    Erik
>> On Feb 26, 2016, at 16:12, Alexandre Rafalovitch <> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am creating an explanation of solrconfig.xml for the beginners and
>> want to know whether anybody is actually using overrides and
>> initParams in the wild. Sometimes, features exist for edge cases, but
>> may not be worth spending much attention on in the beginner docs.
>> Any feedback (on the list or direct) would be appreciated.
>> Regards,
>>   Alex.
>> P.s. Of course my next project is Solr troubleshooting guide and then
>> I MUST explain these and the order they will apply. Oh joy.
>> ----
>> Newsletter and resources for Solr beginners and intermediates:

View raw message