lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From matthew grisius <matthew.gris...@comcast.net>
Subject set 'root' contextPath in Solr 5.4.1?
Date Sun, 21 Feb 2016 19:00:05 GMT
I have migrated my app that used tomee plus 1.6.0.1, Solr (war) 4.7.2, and Nutch 1.8 to Solr
5.4.1 (w/ jetty),
Nutch 1.11, and Solrj on openSUSE 13.1.

With Solr 5.4.1 I can happily:

- add static content
- add servlets (java, clojure)
- import crawl data via Nutch 1.11, to a single core solr/tdfield, and then solr/tdfield/browse,
solr/admin, etc.

I want to re-assign  the "root context", e.g. contextPath ="/", instead of to "/solr",  to
another servlet, or display
a "/" splash page with links to solr/admin, solr/tdfield/browse, and other static content/servlets,
etc. while
preserving solr uri behavior/functionality.

My unsuccessful attempts included:

- edit contexts/solr-jetty-context.xml (contextPath, add resourceBase, etc.)
- unmap solr rewrite rule to pass thru . . .
- edit other '/contexts/' . . .
- edit etc/webdefault.xml . . .
- bin/solr does not appear to affect "/"
- org.apache.solr.util.SolrCLI does not appear to affect "/"

I am not yet familiar enough with jetty or the Solr 5.x design intent and would appreciate
any suggestions
on how to properly (idiomatically) reassign the contextPath="/" and preserve upward compatibility
with
Solr 5.x & 6.x.

Thank you very much, any suggestions would be appreciated!

-matt.