lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From David Santamauro <david.santama...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: docValues error
Date Mon, 29 Feb 2016 09:43:44 GMT

So I started over (deleted all documents), re-deployed configs to
zookeeper and reloaded the collection.

This error still appears when I group.field=f1

unexpected docvalues type SORTED_SET for field 'f1' (expected=SORTED).
Use UninvertingReader or index with docvalues.

What exactly does this error mean and why am I getting it with a field
that doesn't even have docValues defined?

Why is the DocValues code being used when docValues are not defined
anywhere in my schema.xml?

null:java.lang.IllegalStateException: unexpected docvalues type
SORTED_SET for field 'f1' (expected=SORTED). Use UninvertingReader or
index with docvalues.
	at org.apache.lucene.index.DocValues.checkField(DocValues.java:208)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.DocValues.getSorted(DocValues.java:264)
	at
org.apache.lucene.search.grouping.term.TermFirstPassGroupingCollector.doSetNextReader(TermFirstPassGroupingCollector.java:92)
	at
org.apache.lucene.search.SimpleCollector.getLeafCollector(SimpleCollector.java:33)
	at
org.apache.lucene.search.MultiCollector.getLeafCollector(MultiCollector.java:117)
	at
org.apache.lucene.search.TimeLimitingCollector.getLeafCollector(TimeLimitingCollector.java:144)
	at
org.apache.lucene.search.MultiCollector.getLeafCollector(MultiCollector.java:117)
	at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:763)
	at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:486)
	at
org.apache.solr.search.grouping.CommandHandler.searchWithTimeLimiter(CommandHandler.java:233)
	at
org.apache.solr.search.grouping.CommandHandler.execute(CommandHandler.java:160)
	at
org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryComponent.process(QueryComponent.java:398)

etc ...