lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Error creating document SolrInputDocument
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2016 13:42:58 GMT
On 2/18/2016 3:45 AM, Bernd Fehling wrote:
> Now this is strange with solr 4.10.4,
> I have a multivalue string field for creator.
> <field name="creator" type="string" indexed="false" stored="true" multiValued="true"
/>

> And a multivalue string field for f_person, prepared for facetting with docValues.
> <field name="f_person" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true" multiValued="true"
docValues="true" />

> To fill f_person I use copyField.
> <copyField source="creator" dest="f_person" />
>
> The input to creator is 43470 bytes long with names, split at ";" for each subfield.
> Klionsky, Daniel J; JFA; CORA; Abdelmohsen, Kotb; Abe, Akihisa; ...

How are you handling splitting that information into multiple pieces?
If it's done with analysis configuration in schema.xml, then the data
copied to f_person is *not* split into multiple values.  The copyField
functionality always copies the the original input data -- *before*
analysis.

If the information were split into multiple small values before it got
to Solr, then this error would not be happening.

Thanks,
Shawn