lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Derek Poh <d...@globalsources.com>
Subject "pf" not supported by edismax?
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2016 03:08:42 GMT
Hi

Correct me If I am wrong, edismax is an extension of dismax, so it will
support "pf".
But from my testing I noticed "pf" is not working with edismax.
 From the debug information of a query using "pf" with edismax, there is
no phrase match for the "pf" field "spp_keyword_exact".
If I changed to dismax, it is doing a phrase match on the field.

Is this normal?

We are running Solr 4.10.4.

Below is the queriesand their debug information.

Query using "pf" with edismax and the debug statement:
http://hkenedcdg1.globalsources.com:8983/solr/product/select?q=dvd%20bracket&qf=spp_keyword_exact&fl=P_SPPKW,P_NewShortDescription.P_CatConCatKeyword,P_VeryShortDescription&pf=spp_keyword_exact&debug=query&defType=edismax

<str name="rawquerystring">dvd bracket</str>
<str name="querystring">dvd bracket</str>
<str name="parsedquery">
(+(DisjunctionMaxQuery((spp_keyword_exact:dvd))
DisjunctionMaxQuery((spp_keyword_exact:bracket))) ())/no_coord
</str>
<str name="parsedquery_toString">
+((spp_keyword_exact:dvd) (spp_keyword_exact:bracket)) ()
</str>
<str name="QParser">ExtendedDismaxQParser</str>

Query using "pf" with dismax and the debug statement:
http://hkenedcdg1.globalsources.com:8983/solr/product/select?q=dvd%20bracket&qf=spp_keyword_exact&fl=P_SPPKW,P_NewShortDescription.P_CatConCatKeyword,P_VeryShortDescription&pf=spp_keyword_exact&debug=query&defType=dismax

<str name="rawquerystring">dvd bracket</str>
<str name="querystring">dvd bracket</str>
<str name="parsedquery">
(+(DisjunctionMaxQuery((spp_keyword_exact:dvd))
DisjunctionMaxQuery((spp_keyword_exact:bracket)))
DisjunctionMaxQuery((spp_keyword_exact:dvd bracket)))/no_coord
</str>
<str name="parsedquery_toString">
+((spp_keyword_exact:dvd) (spp_keyword_exact:bracket))
(spp_keyword_exact:dvd bracket)
</str>
<str name="QParser">DisMaxQParser</str>

Derek

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please inform
the sender immediately and delete this e-mail (including any attachments) from your computer,
and you must not use, disclose to anyone else or copy this e-mail (including any attachments),
whether in whole or in part.

This e-mail and any reply to it may be monitored for security, legal, regulatory compliance
and/or other appropriate reasons.