lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Senthil <psm...@gmail.com>
Subject edismax query parser - pf field question
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2016 22:33:54 GMT
Clarification needed on edismax query parser "pf" field.

*SOLR Query:*
/query?q=refrigerator water filter&qf=P_NAME^1.5
CategoryName&wt=xml&debugQuery=on&pf=P_NAME
CategoryName&mm=2&fl=CategoryName P_NAME score&defType=edismax

*Parsed Query from DebugQuery results:*
<str name="parsedquery">(+((DisjunctionMaxQuery((P_NAME:refriger^1.5 |
CategoryName:refrigerator)) DisjunctionMaxQuery((P_NAME:water^1.5 |
CategoryName:water)) DisjunctionMaxQuery((P_NAME:filter^1.5 |
CategoryName:filter)))~2) DisjunctionMaxQuery((P_NAME:"refriger water
filter")))/no_coord</str>

In the SOLR query given above, I am asking for phrase matches on 2 fields:
P_NAME and CategoryName.
But If you notice ParsedQuery, I see Phrase match is applied only on P_NAME
field but not on CategoryName field. Why?