lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@openindex.io>
Subject RE: Content translation using Solr
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2016 15:25:43 GMT
Here's a short example: https://tika.apache.org/1.11/examples.html#Translation_using_the_Microsoft_Translation_API
 
 
-----Original message-----
> From:Shamir, Maya <maya.shamir@intel.com>
> Sent: Monday 25th January 2016 16:15
> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Content translation using Solr
> 
> Its sounds interesting, do you have an example? I found the documentation of this package
but didn’t find any example
> Thanks, 
> Maya
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Markus Jelsma [mailto:markus.jelsma@openindex.io] 
> Sent: Monday, January 25, 2016 14:53
> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Content translation using Solr
> 
> Hi - Solr doesn't have any translation on board. But with Tika you could easily make
a Solr UpdateProcessor and use Tika's o.a.t.language.translate package. 
> Markus
> 
>  
> -----Original message-----
> > From:Shamir, Maya <maya.shamir@intel.com>
> > Sent: Monday 25th January 2016 13:45
> > To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
> > Subject: Content translation using Solr
> > 
> > Hello,
> > Im using Solr to store my clients website content and query them to get insights.
The problem is that I have to translate the query into many languages.
> > I thought about translate the non-English pages into English using Solr, but I didn't
find any possibility.
> > Am I missing something?
> > Does Solr has the option to translate in index time/ keep both translation and source?
> > Can I create a plugin that use google translate API?
> > 
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Intel Electronics Ltd.
> > 
> > This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for 
> > the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review or distribution 
> > by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended 
> > recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
> > 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> Intel Electronics Ltd.
> 
> This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for
> the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review or distribution
> by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
> recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
> 

Mime
View raw message