lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <>
Subject Re: Solr partial date range search
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2016 00:56:41 GMT
Still, I have to ask why bother? Presumably you have some kind of front-end
that takes the dates. Simply have that form the proper full date specification.

Or create a query component that intercepts the query on the Solr side and
massages it enough to form the full date. Or....

Using strings and wildcards is the _last_ thing I'd do, and that only
in extremis.