lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jian Mou <la.mouj...@gmail.com>
Subject One complex wildcard query lead solr OOM
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2016 01:18:36 GMT
We are using Solr as our search engine, and recently notice some user input
wildcard query can lead to Solr dead loop in

org.apache.lucene.util.automaton.Operations.determinize()

, and it also eats memory and finally OOM.

the wildcard query seems like **?????????-???????o·???è??**。

Although we can validate the input parameter, but I also wonder is there
any configuration which can disable complex wildcard query like this which
lead to serve performance problems.

Related statcktrace

[image: Inline image 1]

Thanks,