lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Kallu, Sreenivasa (HQP)" <sreenivasa.ka...@roberthalf.com>
Subject RE: How to convert string field to date
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2016 23:45:52 GMT
Thanks steve for prompt response.

I tried workaround one.
i.e.  1. Add attr_date via add-dynamic-field instead of add-field (even though the name has
no asterisk)

I am able to add dynamic field  attr_date. But while starting the solr , I am getting following
message.
Could not load conf for core sreenimsg: Dynamic field name 'attr_date' should have either
a leading or a trailing asterisk, and no others.

So solr looking for either leading * or trailing * in the dynamic field name.

I can see similar problems in workaround 2.

Any other suggestions?

Advanced Thanks.
--sreenivasa kallu

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Rowe [mailto:sarowe@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2016 1:17 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to convert string field to date

Hi Sreenivasa,

This is a known bug: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__issues.apache.org_jira_browse_SOLR-2D8607&d=CwIFaQ&c=19TEyCb-E0do3cLmFgm9ItTXlbGQ5gmhRAlAtE256go&r=ZV-VnW_JFfcZo8vYJrpehzAvJFfw1xE42YRKpSHHqLg&m=ZJBCYIV-H5H3u5j_Rrhaex68Eb9dgqZmlO6fzKNfr8s&s=qmQIR8akquwcJ83E7HZgK38lTfSug8QifJEH1_ljJkk&e=

(though the problem is not just about catch-all fields as the issue currently indicates -
all dynamic fields are affected)

Two workarounds (neither tested):

1. Add attr_date via add-dynamic-field instead of add-field (even though the name has no asterisk)
2. Remove the attr_* dynamic field, add attr-date, then add attr_* back; these can be done
with a single request.

I’ll update SOLR_8607 to reflect these things.

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Jan 28, 2016, at 3:58 PM, Kallu, Sreenivasa (HQP) <sreenivasa.kallu@roberthalf.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>       I am new to solr.
>
> I am using managed-schema. I am not using schema.xml.  I am indexing outlook email messages.
> I can see only see three fields ( id,_version_,_text_) defined in
> managed-schema. Remaining fields are handled by following dynamic
> field <dynamicField name="attr_*" type="text_general" indexed="true"
> stored="true" multiValued="true"/>
>
> I have field name attr_date with type string. I want convert this
> field type to date. Currently date range is not working on this field.
> I tried schema API to add new field attr_date and got following error
> message "Field 'attr_date' already exists".  I tried to replace field type to date and
got following error message "The field 'attr_date' is not present in this schema, and so cannot
be replaced".