lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Increasing maxMergedSegmentMB value
Date Sat, 30 Jan 2016 23:28:23 GMT
On 1/30/2016 7:31 AM, Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo wrote:
> I would like to find out, when I increase the maxMergedSegmentMB from 10240
> (10GB) to 15360 (15GB), will all the 10GB segments that were created
> previously be automatically merge to 15GB?

Not necessarily.  It will make those 10GB+ segments eligible for further
merging, whereas they would have been ineligible before the change.

This might mean that one or more of those large segments will be merged
soon after the change and restart/reload, but I do not know when it
might happen.  It would probably wait until at least one new segment was
created, at which time the merge policy would be consulted.

Thanks,
Shawn