lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Solr cannot return result when query with # * like title:#7654321*
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2016 04:28:29 GMT
On 1/27/2016 8:00 PM, diyun2008 wrote:
>     What I was rather confused is if they all hit same string "7654321", why
> it cannot return the hit result by query(q=#7654321*)?

When a wildcard is present in the query, the terms in the query are NOT
analyzed.  I'm not sure exactly why this is the case, but it is how
Lucene behaves.

If the # character is correctly encoded (which it appears to be, based
on subsequent messages), it will still be in the query when wildcards
are present, and will not match what is indexed.

Thanks,
Shawn