lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <elyog...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: sharedLib node in solr.xml
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2016 21:54:14 GMT
On 1/21/2016 1:56 PM, Bob Lawson wrote:
> I then copied the exact same solrconfig.xml file to
> /solr-5.4.0/server/solr/configsets/data_driven_schema_configs/conf.  I
> copied the exact same lib directory to /solr-5.4.0/server/solr.  I tried to
> launch the cloud gettingstarted example by executing:  bin/solr start -e
> cloud -noprompt.  I received the following error:

When you start Solr with "bin/solr start" the solr home is not
explicitly set, so it becomes "./solr" -- with "server" as the current
working directory.

When you start with -e cloud, you're potentially running more than one
Solr instance.  Each one has a specific solr home under the example
directory.  You would need to copy the lib directory into each of those
solr home directories in order for this to work.

Thanks,
Shawn