lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Robert Brown <...@intelcompute.com>
Subject Querying only replica's
Date Sat, 09 Jan 2016 20:04:02 GMT
Hi,

(btw, when is 5.5 due?  I see the docs reference it, but not the
download page)

Anyway, I index and query Solr over HTTP (no SolrJ, etc.) - is it
best/good to get the CLUSTERSTATUS via the collection API and explicitly
send queries to a replica to ensure I don't send queries to the leaders
of my collection, to improve performance?  Like-wise with sending
updates directly to a Leader?

My leaders will receive full updates of the entire collection once a
day, so I would assume if the leader is handling queries too,
performance would be hit?

Is the CLUSTERSTATUS API the only way to do this btw without SolrJ,
etc.?  I wasn't sure if ZooKeeper would be able to tell me also.

Do I also need to do anything to ensure the leaders are never sent
queries from the replica's?

Does this all sound sane?

One of my collections is 3 shards, with 2 replica's each (9 total
nodes), 70m docs in total.

Thanks,
Rob