lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Wartes <jwar...@whitepages.com>
Subject Re: SolrCloud: Setting/finding node names for deleting replicas
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2016 23:51:08 GMT

Honestly, I have no idea which is "old". The solr source itself uses slice pretty consistently,
so I stuck with that when I started the project last year. And logically, a shard being an
instance of a slice makes sense to me. But one significant place where they word shard is
exposed is the default names of the slices, so it’s a mixed bag.

See here:
  https://github.com/whitepages/solrcloud_manager#terminology

On 1/8/16, 2:34 PM, "Robert Brown" <rob@intelcompute.com> wrote:

>Thanks for the pointer Jeff,
>
>For SolrCloud it turned out to be...
>
>&property.coreNodeName=xxx
>
>btw, for your app, isn't "slice" old notation?
>

>On 08/01/16 22:05, Jeff Wartes wrote:
>>
>> I’m pretty sure you could change the name when you ADDREPLICA using a core.name
property. I don’t know if you can when you initially create the collection though.

>> The CLUSTERSTATUS command will tell you the core names: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Collections+API#CollectionsAPI-api18
>>
>> That said, this tool might make things easier.
>> https://github.com/whitepages/solrcloud_manager
>>

>> # shows cluster status, including core names:
>> java -jar solrcloud_manager-assembly-1.4.0.jar -z zk0.example.com:2181/myapp
>>

>> # deletes a replica by node/collection/shard (figures out the core name under the
hood)
>> java -jar solrcloud_manager-assembly-1.4.0.jar deletereplica -z zk0.example.com:2181/myapp
-c collection1 --node node1.example.com --slice shard2

>> I mention this tool every now and then on this list because I like it, but I’m
the author, so take that with a pretty big grain of salt. Feedback is very welcome.