lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From GOURAUD Emmanuel <egour...@jouve.fr>
Subject Re: shard lost - solr5.3
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2016 11:26:01 GMT
hi there

replying to myself

i have set the replica property "preferredLeader" on this shard, shut down all replica for
this shard and started only the "preferred" one, this forced an election and save my "ops"
night and my new year party!!

cheers,

Emmanuel

De: "GOURAUD Emmanuel" <egouraud@jouve.fr>
À: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Envoyé: Jeudi 31 Décembre 2015 15:30:42
Objet: shard lost - solr5.3

Hi there,

I have a collection that is composed of 8 shards with a replicationFactor of 2

i found 2 cores of the same shard in recoveryfailed status so i decided to restart both,

after having doing that , i do not have any leader on that shard... and both cores are down

is there a way to force a leader at startup or with the API? can fore election?

thanks for your help

Emmanuel