lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Toke Eskildsen ...@statsbiblioteket.dk>
Subject Re: &fq degrades qtime in a 20million doc collection
Date Sat, 16 Jan 2016 11:15:39 GMT
Anria B. <anria_omni@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Schema investigations :  the &fq are frequently on Multivalued string
f> ields, and we believe that it may also be slowing down the &Fq even more,
> but we were wondering why.   When we run &fq on single valued fields its
> faster than the multi-valued fields, even when the multi-valued fields
> frequently have only a single value in it.

To my knowledge there should not be a difference per se. In both cases the underlying lookup
structure is term->docIDs. Could it be that there are just more terms in your multi-valued
fields or that they match more documents?

- Toke Eskildsen