lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solrcloud 4.8.1 - Solr cores reload
Date Sat, 12 Dec 2015 18:46:52 GMT
Right. What's happening is, essentially what used to be
happening in your custom code where individual core
reload commands were being sent. Except it's all happening
in Solr. To whit:
1> the code looks at the collection state
2> for each replica it sends a core admin API reload command
     to the appropriate node.

It's really nothing different than what you probably had before
but I'm much more confident in code that's
1> written by the same people who wrote the rest of the Cloud code
2> tested in the Solr test case
3> not something I can forget to maintain ;)

Best,
Erick