lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Anshum Gupta <ans...@anshumgupta.net>
Subject Re: Authorization API versus zkcli.sh
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2015 14:48:01 GMT
yes, that's the assumption. The reason why there's a version there is to
optimize on reloads i.e. Authentication and Authorization plugins are
reloaded only when the version number is changed. e.g.
* Start with Ver 1 for both authentication and authorization
* Make changes to Authentication, the version for this section is updated
to the znode version, while the version for the authorization section is
not changed. This forces the authentication plugin to be reloaded but not
the authorization plugin. Similarly for authorization.

It's a way to optimize the reloads without splitting the definition into 2
znodes, which is also an option.

--
Anshum Gupta