lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Oakley, Craig (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]" <craig.oak...@nih.gov>
Subject RE: post.jar with security.json
Date Tue, 29 Dec 2015 18:14:18 GMT
I do have authorization and authentication setup in security.json: the question is how to pass
the login and password into post.jar and/or into solr-5.4.0/bin/post -- it does not seem to
like the user:pswd@host:8983/solr/corename/update syntax from SOLR-5960: when I try that,
it complains "SimplePostTool: FATAL: Connection error (is Solr running at http://user:pswd@hostname:8983/solr/five4a/update
?): java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused", and nothing shows up in solr.log (although
I do set log4j.logger.org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server=DEBUG to check for 401 errors, etc).

FYI, I get a 404 from the link you sited: perhaps I don't have access, or perhaps you meant
https://lucidworks.com/blog/2015/08/17/securing-solr-basic-auth-permission-rules (although
that doesn't mention post.jar)

-----Original Message-----
From: esther.quansah@lucidworks.com [mailto:esther.quansah@lucidworks.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2015 12:54 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: post.jar with security.json

Hi Craig,

To pass the username and password, you'll want to enable authorization and authentication
in security.json as is mentioned in this blog post in step 1 of "Enabling Basic Authentication".

https://lucidworks.com/blog/2015/08/17/securing-solr-basic-auth--rules/

Is this what you're looking for?

Thanks,

Esther Quansah

> Le 29 déc. 2015 à 12:24, Oakley, Craig (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] <craig.oakley@nih.gov>
a écrit :

> Or to put it another way, how does one get security.json to work with SOLR-5960?
>
> Has anyone any suggestions?

more likely, to solr-5.4.0/bin/post) when using security.json?