lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Emir Arnautovic <emir.arnauto...@sematext.com>
Subject Re: ZooKeeper nodes die taking down Solr Cluster?
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 12:45:54 GMT
Hi Frank,
Can you please confirm that Solr nodes are aware of entire ZK ensemble?
Can you give more info how it is deployed - ZK on separate servers? What
is load on Solr when it happens? Do you see any errors in Solr logs?

Thanks,
Emir

On 30.11.2015 15:42, Kelly, Frank wrote:
> I am somewhat new to SolrCloud and ZooKeeper.
>
> We are deploying ZK and SolrCloud on AWS.
> We are noticing an issue where the one of the three nodes in the ZooKeeper ensemble "drops
out" of the ensemble (although the Java process continues to run fine and nothing obviously
bad in the ZooKeeper log files).
> And (perhaps its a coincidence) but the Solr cluster then seems to be impacted where
Solr nodes appear as "gone" even though their Java process is still running.