lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Toke Eskildsen ...@statsbiblioteket.dk>
Subject Re: question: partialResults true with pagination
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 13:43:01 GMT
On Tue, 2015-12-08 at 18:42 +0530, Vibhor Goel wrote:
> i am using single standalone solr instance. Some of my queries are taking
> long time due to large number of result documents. I am using timeout
> option and it returns me partial results.

Don't request a large number of documents at a time. The exact size
depends on your setup: If they are small documents you can probably get
away with tens of thousands. Asking for millions is a recipe for poor
performance.

> My query is when i am using solr with pagination, [...]

Are you using cursorMark? You should do so, to avoid progressively worse
performance as you page deeper.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Pagination+of+Results

- Toke Eskildsen, State and University Library, Denmark