lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From philippa griggs <philippa.gri...@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject Re: Solr Collections Migrate statement
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2015 13:57:20 GMT
Thank you. Just wanted to double check.

Philippa

From: Shalin Shekhar Mangar <shalinmangar@gmail.com>
Sent: 24 November 2015 13:48
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Solr Collections Migrate statement

Hi Philippa,

This is the expected behavior. The old documents stay on the source
collection so you can verify the result of the migrate and delete them
yourself.

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 6:01 PM, philippa griggs
<philippa.griggs@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I'm using Solr 5.2.1 and Zookeeper 3.4.6.
>

> I have a quick question about the Solr Collection API and the migrate statement.
>

> I've got a test environment working with two shards and two collections. When I run the
Migrate command the documents appear on the target collection no problem, however I'm still
seeing them on the source collection. For some reason I assumed that they would be deleted
from the source when moved across.

> Just wondering what the expected behaviour should be- does the source collection stay
exactly the same or should the migrated documents be deleted?

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.