lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading from 4.x to 5.x
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 12:55:17 GMT
Hi

You could try this

Instead of example/, use the server/ folder (it has Jetty in it)
Start Solr using bin/solr start script instead of java -jar start.jar …
Leave your solrconfig and schema as is to keep back-compat with 4.x.
You may need to remove use of 3.x classes that were deprecated in 4.x

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Major+Changes+from+Solr+4+to+Solr+5

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 18. nov. 2015 kl. 10.10 skrev Daniel Miller <dmiller@amfes.com>:
>
> Hi!
>
> I'm a very inexperienced user with Solr.  I've been using Solr to provide indexes for
my Dovecot IMAP server.  Using version 3.x, and later 4.x, I have been able to do so without
too much of a challenge.  However, version 5.x has certainly changed quite a bit and I'm very
uncertain how to proceed.

> I currently have a working 4.10.3 installation, using the "example" server provided with
the Solr distribution package, and a schema.xml optimized for Dovecot.  I haven't found anything
on migrating from 4 to 5 - at least anything I actually understood.  Can you point me in the
right direction?