lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sold 4.10.4 dropping index on shutdown
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 17:00:52 GMT
Did you commit after indexing and before shutting down? Even if you didn't, I'm
still a bit surprised, but that's one possible explanation.

But this is the first time I've seen this problem mentioned...

Best,
Erick

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 4:08 AM, Oliver Schrenk <oschrenk@elmar.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since we upgraded our cluster from 4.7 to 4.10.4 we are experiencing issues. When shutting
down the service (with a confirmed graceful shutdown in the logs), the index is dropped, with
only one lonely `segments.gen` file left for each shard and all other files being deleted.