lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr Cloud 5.3.0 Errors in Logs
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2015 16:43:59 GMT
Having 6 warming serachers is an anti-pattern. What it means is that commits
are happening faster than your searcher can be opened. There is _no_ good
reason that I know of for changing it from 2, having changed it in
solrconfig.xml
to 6 almost always indicates an improper configuration.

Places to look:
1> that commits are happening too often, and especially if the commits
are happening
from a client. If commits aren't being sent by a client, then look at
autoCommit and
softAutoCommit in solrconfig.xml (if you can).

2> excessive autowarm settings, again in solronfig.xml.

If, as you say all of Solr is a black box, then talk to the Sitecore
folks, on the surface
Solr is just poorly configured.

Best,
Erick

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 4:33 AM, Adrian Liew <adrian.liew@avanade.com> wrote:
> Hi Emir,
>
> I am working with a third party platform, Sitecore. The product is a black box that encapsulates
the internal workings of solr queries and so on. If there are any questions you have with
regards with the below, let me know. It will be useful for me to communicate what could cause
the issues below.

> Regards,
> Adrian

setup a SolrCloud cluster of 3 servers (each server hosting a Solr instance and a Zookeeper
instance).

>> I am encountering the errors below in the logs:
>> Monday, November 16, 2015 3:22:54 PM ERROR null SolrCore org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:
Error opening new searcher. exceeded limit of maxWarmingSearchers=6, try again later.
Error from server at http://172.18.111.112:8983/solr/sitecore_master_index_shard1_replica1:
Error opening new searcher. exceeded limit of maxWarmingSearchers=6, try again later.
>> Monday, November 16, 2015 3:22:54 PM ERROR null SolrCmdDistributor org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient$RemoteSolrException:
Error from server at http://172.18.111.112:8983/solr/sitecore_master_index_shard1_replica1:
Error opening new searcher. exceeded limit of maxWarmingSearchers=6, try again later.
>> Monday, November 16, 2015 3:22:54 PM WARN null
>> DistributedUpdateProcessor Error sending update to
>> http://172.18.111.112:8983/solr Monday, November 16, 2015 3:22:54 PM
>> WARN null DistributedUpdateProcessor Error sending update to
>> http://172.18.111.112:8983/solr Monday, November 16, 2015 3:22:54 PM
>> WARN null DistributedUpdateProcessor Error sending update to
>> http://172.18.111.112:8983/solr Monday, November 16, 2015 3:22:54 PM
>> WARN null DistributedUpdateProcessor Error sending update to
>> http://172.18.111.112:8983/solr
>>
>> 11/16/2015, 3:17:09 PM
>>
>> WARN
>>
>> null
>>
>> DistributedUpdateProcessor
>>
>> Error sending update to http://172.18.111.112:8983/solr
>>
>> 11/16/2015, 3:17:09 PM
>>
>> WARN
>>
>> null
>>
>> DistributedUpdateProcessor
>>
>> Error sending update to http://172.18.111.112:8983/solr
>>
>> 11/16/2015, 3:22:26 PM
>>
>> ERROR
>>
>> null
>>
>> SolrCmdDistributor
>>
>> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: Timeout occured
>> while waiting response from server at:
>> http://172.18.111.112:8983/solr/sitecore_master_index_shard1_replica1
>>

>> Main errors are Timeout occurred exceptions, maxWarmingSearchers exceeded. Is anyone
able to advise or have experienced something the same as the above in their SolrCloud setup?

Support * http://sematext.com/