lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Schrenk <oschr...@elmar.nl>
Subject Re: Sold 4.10.4 dropping index on shutdown
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2015 10:25:03 GMT
Yes. Hard commit using SolrJ 4.10.4 client with UpdateResponse.commit() which defaults to waitFlush=true
and waitSearcher=true

We reverted back to Solr 4.7 for the time being, which is a pity as we really benefitted from
the concurrent commit fix.

> On 17 Nov 2015, at 18:00, Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Did you commit after indexing and before shutting down? Even if you didn't, I'm
> still a bit surprised, but that's one possible explanation.
>
> But this is the first time I've seen this problem mentioned...
>
> Best,
> Erick
>
> On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 4:08 AM, Oliver Schrenk <oschrenk@elmar.nl> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> since we upgraded our cluster from 4.7 to 4.10.4 we are experiencing issues. When
shutting down the service (with a confirmed graceful shutdown in the logs), the index is dropped,
with only one lonely `segments.gen` file left for each shard and all other files being deleted.

>> There is no message in the logs, other than graceful shutdown. Did anybody have a
similar issues and has some advice?