lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Aswath Srinivasan (TMS)" <aswath.sriniva...@toyota.com>
Subject To update or change your SolrCloud configuration files
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 23:50:26 GMT
Hi fellow SOLR developers,

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Using+ZooKeeper+to+Manage+Configuration+FilesThis
link says the below

To update or change your SolrCloud configuration files:

 1. Download the latest configuration files from ZooKeeper, using the

    source control checkout process.

 2. Make your changes. Commit your changed file to source control.

 3. Push the changes back to ZooKeeper.

 4. Reload the collection so that the changes will be in effect.

But I was wondering if there are some examples or articles somewhere which can help me do
this. For instance, how would one download the latest config files from zookeeper? Or should
I know Zoopkeeper in-and-out to do this?

Version 5.3.1 is what I'm using

I updated the synonym file in the "C:\12345\solrcloud\solr-5.3.1\example\example-DIH\solr\db\conf"
folder and I'm using the below command

zkcli -zkhost localhost:2181,localhost:2182,localhost:2183 -cmd upconfig -confname db_config
-confdir "C:\12345\solrcloud\solr-5.3.1\example\example-DIH\solr\db\conf"

But the file doesn't seem to change nor the query seem to work. I reloaded the core which
did not help too. I even tried restarting my solrcloud